Home Of The Vikings!
110 Oak Street E., P.O. Box 567
Frederic, WI 54837
P.O. Box 1/210 West Oak Street • Frederic, Wisconsin 54837 • 715-327-4892 • 715-327-4158
MISSION (in part): To give recognition to those who have developed this area and remind current and future generations that everyone and everything leaves permanent "FOOTPRINTS IN TIME."
The historic beauty shop display was originally set up as Danielson’s Beauty Shop in River Falls, Wisconsin in 1938. The display presents a history of beauty shop equipment during the years from 1930s to the 1970s. The Beauty Shop was started by Gladys Evelyn (Danielson) Smith, a 1932 graduate of Frederic High School. After receiving beauty shop training, she opened and operated the beauty shop in River Falls. When she married a man from Baldwin, Wisconsin she moved her shop to her new home and managed her shop there until 1973. The display represents the 35 years of Mrs. Smith’s beauty shop operations. Mrs. Smith moved back to River Falls, in 1973 and passed away there in 2003. The display is currently managed by Marlene Friberg and is on loan to the museum by the family.
The depot/museum is open on weekends and holidays from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. The season begins Memorial Day weekend and continues through leaf season in October. Tour guides are on duty. If you would like a special tour, call 715-327-4892 or 715-327-4158 for arrangements.
HAVE A PIECE OF HISTORY?
We continue to seek railroad memorabilia and items as well as well as items and photos, newspapers and newspaper clippings from Frederic's past.